Puck did appear again in act two scene two. However this time he has a real task to perform besides making the king laugh and be happy. This time Oberon, the king of the fairies, wants Puck to anoint the eyes of Demetrius with a special flower that will cause Demetrius to fall in love with Helena. If Demetrius falls in love with Helena, then the love triangle of Lysander, Demetrius, and Hermia will be gone. It will be gone because Demetrius will no longer love Hermia, so then Hermia and Lysander can marry with Hermia's father's blessings. He will have to give his blessings to Lysander and Hermia because otherwise Hermia would have no one. She would have no one because Demetrius would no longer love her. Even though this task of anointing the eyes of Demetrius is a simple tasks, Puck doesn't accomplish it. Instead he anoints the eyes of Lysander because he mistaken Lysander for Demetrius. This means that Puck isn't very careful. If he were more careful then he would double check to make sure that he was anointing the eyes of the right person before he did it. This one little mistake made by Puck, caused Lysander to no longer love Hermia and to instead love Helena.
I still believe that Puck should look like a little boy. I believe this because he still holds the same qualities from the last act, but also he makes mistakes easily. Little boys also make mistakes easily because they aren't always careful.
I think that Puck should be acted in the same manner that I described before, but he should also act a little clumsy. I think he should act clumsy because this can imply that he makes simple mistakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment